charging fees and can not make contact with persons distributing this software to have them stop.

Feb 18, 2014 at 12:31 PM
I downloaded and installed "Fastest Free YouTube Downloader" over a year ago and was not impressed with it. I went with a different software and over time I forgot it was still installed. Starting in October of 2013 charges started appearing in my bank account. The first one for $19.95 and using the name "FASTYOUTUBERENEWAL". I called the phone number listed with the charge (917-725-0876) and I was connected to voice mail. I let it go after ten calls and no response. Since then I've been charged $9.95 and $6.95 twice for "FASTYOUTUBEMAINTNCNE". I have received no response to my phone calls. Today there is another charge of $19.95 for "FASTYOUTUBERENEWAL" The only way I can stop this is to cancel my visa card and get a new one which is a real pain. I'll have to go through all my on line bill paying accounts and change the numbers.
I'm just saying that before you download this software, consider the thought that this maybe a scam to steal you money. I do not know how they managed to get my visa debit card numbers.
Jan 6, 2015 at 4:02 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2015 at 4:02 PM
Did you ever find a way to cancel your subscription to Fastest Youtube Downloader?
Jan 26, 2015 at 8:42 PM
The charges appeared on my bank statement after I went through a process of removing an old app from my MacBook Pro OS 10. I had downloaded and used fastyoutubedownloader app a long time ago. It worked ok at the time but I moved on to a better app and forgot about that old one. It sat in the applications folder unopened for maybe five years. I was cleaning out some old apps when I came across this one. I had some trouble getting rid of it. About a week after, I noticed a charge on my bank statement from fastyoutubedownloader with a watts phone number included with the charge. I called to inquire what the deal was and got an answering machine. I told my story, left my phone number and email address and asked that they return my money. No response and additional charges appeared the next month on the same date. I got right on the phone and left the same message with a little more huff and puff. This went on for four more months with me turning up the volume each time. The fifth month I got on their recorder and calmly retold my story. This time I ended with something like “since you refuse to accommodate my request to stop billing me and return the money that you have stolen you leave me no choice but to turn this affair over the the County Attorney and the state Attorney General Consumer Fraud Division.” Within a day the money was put back and I never heard a word from them. The charges never reappeared on my bank statement. Go figure.